Powered By Blogger

11 June 2010

Cuisine & Vins Expo 2010











Last night, a friend alerted me of a gala event held at the spectacular Circulo Militar building directly across from Plaza San Martin. The building, known as Palacio Paz, was a former palace and home to a prominent Buenos Aires family. It was built by the Argentine diplomat José C. Paz, who lived in Paris for a number of years. The designs came from French architect Louis Sortais, and most of the building materials were imported from Europe. The result is that the looks as though it were taken right out of Paris and transported to Buenos Aires. All of the furnishings were left intact as well.

The event taking place there last night was a bicentennial celebration of food and wine in Argentina and it attracted the 'who's who' of Buenos Aires. Many of the prominent winemakers were there and I was able to sample some of the best wines from the best bodegas in Argentina - Alamos, Melipal, Pulenta, Las Moras and Familia Zuccardi - as well as hob nob with the elite of this country.

It was sponsored by Cuisine & Vins magazine and was by invite only. I took a chance, dressed up nicely and went there with the hopes I could get in with my press credentials. It worked! The security guard conferred with the event organizer who escorted me in and gave me VIP access to the building. All around were celebrities, business leaders and politicians. It was definitely a night to remember! Too see more photos of this event and the beautiful building it was held in, click here.

1 comment:

axiom2001 said...

Matt, I am elated that you apprised me of your blog. You have made it a point to reach material of much interests, and I thank you!

I wish other folks who view and read your blog would write!


(Edd from Monterey)