
So, I arrive back in Buenos Aires the first week of August and get a call from a friend, Eva, at the destination management company I worked for in Buenos Aires back in 2007. She took a job at another agency and they were in desperate need of someone to handle their marketing. Later that week, I meet with her and the owner and I am offered the job, pending acceptance of the proposal I needed to draft.
That same week, I get an intriguing e-mail from one of my best friend's brother-in-law, asking me if I had any interest in heading up sales/marketing initiatives for his NY-based business software firm. The choice between the two offers was difficult, but the opportunities (both financial and professional) with the NY company were too much to pass up.
So, here I am back in Connecticut/NY for two weeks of training before temporarily relocating to Lima, Peru the first week of September and then returning to NY in mid-November for 1 1/2 months. 2011 should hopefully be a bit less chaotic, as I will be permanently based in Buenos Aires once again.
Having gone so long freelancing and not having had a permanent job, it was so coincidental to get two job offers in one week. When it rains, it pours! The next few weeks are going to be both exciting (training in a new job) and a bit crazy (traveling from Argentina to NY then to Peru).
(The photo above is the Plaza de Armas in Lima, Peru - a few blocks away from my apartment there.)

No comments:
Post a Comment