Powered By Blogger

25 October 2008

A walk in the park

With the weather getting warmer every day, I took the opportunity to visit Parque 3 de Febrero, more commonly known as Bosques de Palermo (in English - Palermo woods) today. This is Buenos Aires' version of Central Park, but smaller. Within the park are two man-made lakes, a huge rose garden with 1,200 species and plenty of open space for picnics, walking and biking. What's neat about this park is there are hundreds (if not thousands) of a variety of green parrots. Since it never gets below freezing here, many birds native to the tropics survive and flourish here.

The statue of George Washington (below) is one of many statues of the park and overlooks the residence of the U.S. Ambassador to Argentina (the building with the US flag flying over it - probably the only one in the city besides the Embassy!)

Tomorrow I am going to an asado (BBQ) being given as a farewell gift for my friend, Roxana, who is moving to the US with her husband. I'll take my camera so I should have plenty of pictures to share soon.





No comments: