What a proud day to be a citizen of the United States of America. Every TV news channel in Argentina broadcast President Obama's swearing in live. While I opposed Barack Obama's candidacy, it was such an emotional and uplifting experience to watch leaders of both parties standing side by side, celebrating the free election of our newest President.Now living in a continent where Presidents are often decided by military coups or fraudulent elections, it is so refreshing to know I will always be a citizen of a free country where our leaders are decided by the ballot box, not by using weaponry or deceit.
From all accounts, 2009 is going to be a difficult year for the US and for the world, and I wish our newest President all the best in his efforts to ensure our country remains protected, safe, and prosperous. Congratulations, President Obama.

No comments:
Post a Comment