I was out VERY late last night and when I came home, I went right to bed without checking emails or the news. When I woke up, I had received several messages from friends here telling me that I probably should not go to Santiago de Chile as I originally planned to next week. Many of my friends here have friends or family in Chile and have told me it is difficult/impossible to get through to them. I am not scheduled to leave to Santiago (from Medoza) until March 9, so I will play it by ear and make sure the roads/infrastructure are safe for travel. The earthquake was so powerful that even buildings here in Buenos Aires (almost 1,000km away) shook.
The impact of the earthquake was devastating and my heart goes out to the families affected. While Chile and Argentina have not always had the best relationship, it was nice to read that Argentina's President has offered to give Chile whatever is needed to assist them in their recovery, as has virtually every other South American country and the United States.
Please click here to donate!

2 comments:
Hi Matt,
My friend K.D. just moved to Buenos Aires a week ago and wanted to know if you felt the earthquake there? I am having a hard time getting a hold of her. Are you all OK there?
Greetings Matt,
Have you felt the earthquake in Buesnos Aires? I have friend that just moved there a week ago from Arizona.
Thanks
_S
Post a Comment