Yesterday (Sunday, February 14), I headed to New York City to spend my last weekend in the US in the Big Apple. Before heading there, I had lunch with former coworkers and friends, Elizabeth and Samantha) at a diner we used to hang out at when we all worked together.
After heading into NYC, I realized it was the first day of the Chinese New Year, so of course I headed to Chinatown to partake in the festivities. I missed the fireworks display by an hour, but the streets were littered with tons of burned out firecrackers (see photo) and there were still plenty of people partying on Mulberry Street/Canal Street. I had dinner in a traditional Chinese restaurant before finding a bar in the East Village to hang out in for a few hours prior to catching an early AM train back to Connecticut.
Tomorrow I leave for the airport and will be back in BA on Wednesday afternoon, after a short layover in Lima, Peru, where warm weather (finally) awaits!

No comments:
Post a Comment