Powered By Blogger

25 May 2010

The Most Ornate Burger King in the World!












Frommer's travel guide advises tourists to stop by the Burger King on Calle Florida not for the food or the clean free restrooms, but for the interior that has been converted over from a former mansion. My Colombian friend Juan and I headed straight up the stairs for lunch yesterday and, after passing through a very bland lobby area we looked up and.....wow! This was the most ornate fast food joint I have ever seen! Every room of this converted mansion had the original ceiling moldings intact and in perfect condition. The centerpiece was a beautiful cupula supported by marble columns. My pictures don't do the place justice, so you'll just have to go see for yourself!

1 comment:

axiom2001 said...

MATT, I could kick myself a "thousand times" over for my not being able to take photographs of this venue along with pics of those unique and different hotels that we visited last month (April 2010).

batteries.....batteries.....technology....technology

You did your best to make this happen, and I still thank you very much in spite of your futile attempts.

All this gave me a sense of the ease and appreciation of obtaining "stuff" when needed while living in a major US city.