Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
19 March 2012
Sacred Valley (Valle Sagrado)
Located about an hour or so outside of Cusco, Peru, you will find the Sacred Valley. It's named this because it was not actually part of the Inca empire but the home of the Emporer of the Incas himself. I rented a private driver, since the traditional tours are rushed and with a driver, you can get out of the car whenever you want to snap some photos. We stopped at three towns, all of which hosted Inca and pre-Inca ruins dating back to 400 AD and earlier. Because of the lack of oxygen (upwards of 13,000 feet), the trek up to the top of some of the ruins required a bit of effort and a lot of breaks, but it was definitely worth it!
Click here to see more photos from today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment