Powered By Blogger

03 February 2014

Iguazu Falls












A UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, Iguazu Falls is truly a magical place. I recently returned from there and wanted to share my thoughts as well as some photos.

There are actually 275 separate waterfalls, making it the widest waterfall in the world. It is rumored that when Eleanor Roosevelt viewed the falls during a visit to Argentina, she remarked, "Poor Niagara!" In fact, Iguazu Falls are often called Niagara on Viagra.

It takes a full day to walk the three different paths, but I broke it into two days to enjoy it without rushing. The first trail covers the part of the falls where the originate at the top (my first day) and the second and third cover the lower part of the falls, where the water arrives (my second day).

Adding to the visit, I took an hour-long speedboat ride where you literally go from Argentina into Brazil, then into Paraguay then back into Argentina along the river in a ten minute span. The highlight was actually going underneath the falls while in the boat (no joke!).

While in Iguazu, I also tasted some of the delicious local river fish including dorado, surubi and pacu - fish that are native only to this region.

Pictures (or video) really don't do this place justice, but I tried! Click here to see all of my photos from this latest trip.



No comments: