Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
07 April 2015
Easter at L'Orangerie
Every Easter and New Year's Day I happen to be in Buenos Aires, I make a point of securing a reservation for brunch at L'Orangerie, the flagship restaurant of Alvear Palace, one of Buenos Aires' most upscale and world famous hotels. In fact, Conde Nast Traveler named L'Orangerie one of the top ten hotel brunches in the world.
With waiters clad in red tuxedos and white gloves, you are brought to your table and served a welcome glass (or five) of champagne and then the fun begins. I immediately head to the seafood table, where I fill plate high with black caviar imported from Russia, as well as oysters, shrimp and other delicacies imported from Chile.
Next it's on to the hot portion of the buffet, where I enjoyed Patagonian lamb, chivito (goat), prime rib and turkey, along with dozens of cheeses to pair up with the food. This is followed by a table of at least 10 feet full of desserts, including Belgian chocolate and, of course, dulce de leche inspired desserts.
Best of all, it's a free flow of wine so for three-and-a-half hours, I took full advantage of this and cherished a seemingly never-ending glass of Zuccardi Sauvignon Blanc! The diet starts this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment