Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
01 April 2015
Lovin Lima!
Stuck with a bunch of free upgrade tickets on LAN Airline that were due to expire on March 31, I booked a round trip ticket to fly first class to Lima, Peru last week. In addition to squeezing in some whitewater rafting (see my prior blog entry), I spent a few days just relaxing and enjoying Lima.
I know Lima pretty well, having spent a month living there in 2012, 2013 and 2014, but it's always nice to return and explore the city all over again. In addition to spending time in the historical center, filled with beautiful and traditional colonial architecture, I also visited the coastal neighborhoods of Barranco and Miraflores.
A highlight of my trip was enjoying Sunday lunch at Huaca Pucllana. This is a very unique restaurant, since it's the only restaurant in the world to be constructed in the middle of pre-Inka ruins that date back to the 5th century. In addition to witnessing the ruins themselves, you can also see the ongoing work of the archeologists as you eat lunch or dinner. According to Wikipedia, "it served as an important ceremonial and administrative center for the advancement of the Lima Culture, a society which developed in the Peruvian Central Coast between the years of 200 AD and 700 AD."
To see more pictures of my trip to Lima, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment