Powered By Blogger

30 March 2015

Whitewater Rafting in Lunahuana










After getting a special airline deal (and using upgrade coupons to fly first class that are due to expire on March 31), I flew to Lima, Peru for a long weekend and, on Saturday, went on a full day excursion to Lunahuana starting at 6:30 AM. Lunahuana is about 200 kilometers south of Lima and it takes about 3-4 hours to get there.

Our group first stopped at Cerro Azul, a coastal resort town along the Pacific Ocean, where we were able to spend some time at the beach and watch the local fisherman haul in their morning catch. We then headed further south to Lunahuana, where I spent a few hours whitewater rafting and another two hours horseback riding along the bank of the river.

I'm far from an expert at whitewater rafting, but because of the recent flooding they've had there, our rafting guide told us that we made it as far as Grade 4 at certain points of the 25 KM journey (there are only five Grades when it comes to whitewater rafting), so I feel proud that we survived without any incidents! Needless to say, my arms and back killed me the next day from the exercise.

Click here to see more photos from my excursion to Lunahuana, including a visit to a bodega that makes pisco, a few horseback pictures, and some more photos from the rustic town of Lunahuana.

No comments: