Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
08 March 2015
A Full Day Wine Tour in Maipu and Lujan de Cuyo
For the fourth year in a row, I returned to Mendoza for Vendimia, the yearly celebration of the harvesting of the grapes used to make wine, and for the third year, I went on a full day tour of three wineries in the region.
The first, Trapiche, is the most recognizable brand of wine in Argentina (and one I drink daily). On this tour, the small group was able to taste some of its high end wines, including an out-of-this-world Chardonnay that sells for $100 a bottle. After Trapiche, my driver took me to Carinae, a small boutique winery owned by a French man and his wife a decade ago. Because the tour operator told him I was a VIP (journalist), the owner personally escorted me around his vineyard and let me sample a 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon, the first year he produced wine at his bodega (see a picture of me and him below). The day ended with a five course meal and wine pairing at Belasco, a winery owned by an Italian family.
Having started the wine tasting at 10:00 and ending it just two hours after writing this, I'm surprised I have the energy to complete this blog post without dozing off! Click here to see more photos from today's private tour of three of Mendoza's best wineries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment