Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
25 May 2015
Nahm, Jazzy Brunch, Khao San Road and Sky Bar
My second and third days in Bangkok were probably the busiest day I've ever had while on vacation.
I was fortunate to have secured reservations to Nahm, for lunch on Saturday. For any of you food gurus, Nahm was rated the #1 restaurant in Asia and one of the top 50 in the world (#13 actually) in 2014 and it didn't disappoint. Whether it was the blue crab canapes or the fresh prawn, this restaurant was one of the best I've ever been to.
I woke up Sunday morning with an empty stomach to indulge in the Sheraton Sukhumvit's Sunday Jazzy Brunch. With free-flowing wine and champagne, to four different types of caviar (prawn, salmon, sturgeon and American black), king crab, monster-sized shrimp, prime rib, sushi and much more, this was definitely one of the highlights of Bangkok. Best of all, they had live jazz music playing the entire time!
Following the Jazzy Brunch (and to burn off some calories), I hopped on a river boat to Khao San Road, the most famous street in Bangkok, filled with hippies, bars, and street vendors selling fried scorpions. I couldn't resist since, in the months of December and January, my flat in Buenos Aires was infested with them, so this gave me some sort of revenge, tasting one of these creatures. It tasted like potato chips in case you were wondering.
That evening, I headed to Sky Bar at Lebua State Tower. Situated on the 64th floor of this huge building, it's the tallest open air bar in the world. From the top, you could see miles on a clear night. I only stayed for one drink since a pint of beer ran me 15 bucks. Sky Bar is most famous for its scene in The Hangover II.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment