Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
19 February 2016
Punta del Este and Montevideo, Uruguay
Last week, I took my first international trip of the year, hopping on a short one-hour boat ride across the Rio de la Plata to Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay. From there it was another few hours on bus before arriving in Punta del Este.
Punta del Este is South America's French Riviera, and where the elite of the continent flock to every January and February for their summer vacations. In addition to pretty beaches, five star restaurants and amazing nightlife, the ocean-facing city also has a lot of culture.
I was able to visit Casapueblo, a hotel/museum about 10 miles outside of Punta that took 36 years to build and was originally owned by a famous Uruguayan artist. It reminded me a lot of last October's trip to Santorini, Greece.
On the way back to Buenos Aires, I spent some time in Montevideo, Uruguay's capital, which presented some amazing architecture throughout the city, along with beaches facing the river, and outstanding steakhouses as well.
Click here to see more photos from my trip to Uruguay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment