Powered By Blogger

02 December 2015

Teotihuacan Pyramids and Mexico City











Taking advantage of the long Thanksgiving Day weekend, I took the opportunity to fly to Mexico City, one of my favorite cities in the world. While there, I took in the usual sites, visiting the historic Chapultepec Castle (the only royal castle in North America that was actually used as a home for a king/emperor), the magnificent Paseo de la Reforma and the fashionable Polanco neighborhood. I was also privileged to secure a reservation for dinner on Thanksgiving night at Quintonil, one of the top 50 restaurants in the world!

I also returned to the pyramids of Teotihuacan, about an hour outside of Mexico City. The pyramids, which are the third largest in the world and which were built between the 1st and 7th century AD, are absolutely breathtaking. You're allowed to climb to the top of the Pyramid of the Sun, which considering the fact that you're nearly 9,000 feet above sea level, is more exhausting than it looks.

Click here to see more photos from my most recent trip to Mexico!

No comments: