Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
07 April 2016
Back in Bogota
Last weekend, I caught a red-eye flight (thankfully in Business Class) from Santiago de Chile to Bogota, Colombia, where I am spending a week. After arriving at 6 am last Saturday, I checked into the hotel and it was pouring rain, which is not surprising for this time of year in Bogota. I dug up my umbrella and headed for La Candelaria, which is Bogota's historical district. Even though it was pouring rain, there was an anti-government rally taking place, preventing me from getting photos of the spectacular presidential palace.
The following day, I headed to the south of the city where I took a cable car up to Monserrate, the highest point of Bogota at 3,150 meters (about 10,300 feet). It was again a cloudy day but it still afforded some excellent views of the city and an amazing lunch, before taking a venicular back down to the city. That afternoon, I headed north to the area known as Usaquen, which on Sundays is home to a huge street fair, where I bought a traditional Colombian cowboy hat and had some artisan beer, far better than that available in Buenos Aires. The dollar is strong and goes a long way here, so much that I ended up buying a Tag Heuer watch here for far less than I'd pay in the USA.
I'll spend the rest of the week exploring different neighborhoods, including Zona T and Chapinero, two of the most popular tourist neighborhoods. Late Friday night, I fly to the Caribbean coastal city of Santa Marta, where I'll spend the weekend exploring Tayrona National Park and swim in the warm Caribbean ocean.
Click here for more photos from my Colombia experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment