Powered By Blogger

15 April 2016

Cabo San Juan










Before I begin this post, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to read each post I make.  As of today, more than 50,000 viewers have visited my blog!

Last Sunday, I woke up early in the Caribbean coastal city of Santa Marta, for an hour-long bus ride to the first entrance of Parque Tayrona, one of Colombia's most famous national parks. My goal - make it to Cabo San Juan, a secluded beach reachable only after a three hour hike up and then down a mountain, in 95 degree heat and with 95% humidity.

The day before, I overdid it at the last beach and I woke up with sun poisoning and blisters on my head so I was stuck wearing my Colombian cowboy hat for most of the day. Thankfully most of the hike was through a jungle (saw lots of monkeys and iguanas) and there was plenty of shade to keep the sun away.

Once arriving, I understood why the hike was worth it. Cabo San Juan is one of the most breathtaking beaches I've ever been to (and this is my 2nd trip here). The contrasts between the surrounding mountains and the crystal clear water were amazing.

On the way back, I decided to skip the 3 hour hike up and down the mountain again, and rented a horse to take me back. The trip was just two hours and I didn't have to exert any energy.

Click here to see more photos from my experience at Cabo San Juan.

No comments: