Powered By Blogger

25 May 2016

Sukhothai's Sunday Brunch















Bangkok is known for its extravagant Sunday brunch buffets and I've spent quite a few at Jazzy Sunday Brunch at the Sheraton Sukhumvit. This year I wanted to try something different - I had a choice between Jord Jim's at the Mandarin Oriental or The Colonnade at The Sukhothai. Both are world famous for their fresh seafood spread but The Colonnade made a point of advertising five types of raw oysters, from Washington State, France, Australia and New Zealand. I'm a big oyster fan so my mind was made up.

And I was not disappointed. In addition to an excellent selection of world class oysters, there was rock lobster, king crab, Wagyu Prime Rib, sushi, foie gras (both cold and fried), seasoned jellyfish and of course a huge selection of desserts ranging from imported truffles from Switzerland to specially made crepes. Best of all it was free-flow wine, making it even more enjoyable!

Next up - my experiences in New Delhi and the Taj Mahal! Stay tuned.

No comments: