Last Thursday, thanks to the generosity of a friend who gave me a free airplane ticket he couldn't use, I flew from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro for a few days of relaxation. The last time I was in Rio was during the 2014 World Cup to watch Germany beat France in the semi-finals and the city was a mob scene. Fortunately with the 2016 Olympics over, things were much less chaotic this trip.
I chose a hotel right between the two most famous beaches in Rio - Copacabana and Ipanema - right in front of the ocean. Over the few days I was there, I managed to visit the world-famous Christ the Redeemer statue and Sugarloaf Mountain, as well as do a city tour where I ventured into a favela, visited the the Rio de Janeiro Cathedral (a pyramid shaped church that is 70 meters high) and stopped off at Maracana stadium, the most famous soccer stadium in the world.
My final day I treated myself to a magnificent Sunday Seafood and Champagne brunch at the elegant Sofitel Rio before heading back to Buenos Aires to return to reality. For more pictures, click here.

No comments:
Post a Comment