Powered By Blogger

02 November 2017

Colombia in October



















Escaping the end of winter in Buenos Aires, I hopped on a flight in early October and headed to Colombia for the month. Spending the first week in Bogota, I was able to visit the historical city center, take a cable car ride to the highest point of the city (Monserrate) for incredible views of Bogota and sample some of the world-class cuisine Bogota is now becoming famous for.

I then flew to San Andres Island, a small island off the coast of Nicaragua, known for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle. While there, I took off on an adventure I wasn't expecting. A bought a day trip package to a sister island (Providencia) which involved taking a small propeller plane for a short 15 minute flight. The island was spectacular and had some of the best and most pristine beaches I've seen in the world but after arriving at the airport for the short flight back to San Andres, the skies clouded up and they cancelled the last flight of the day, leaving me stranded on an island of 5,000 people. Thankfully the tour operator had friends and they put me up for the night. I was promised that I'd be back in San Andres in time for my connecting flight to Cartagena the next morning but of course that didn't work out and I missed my connection, stranding me in San Andres until the evening.

I finally arrived for two weeks in Cartagena where I toured the walled city and visited Castillo San Felipe, and took a weekend trip to the island of Playa Blanca and Rosario where I tasted some delicious local fish grilled fresh in front of me.

Click here to see more photos from my most recent excursion to Colombia.

No comments: