Powered By Blogger

14 December 2020

Riveria Maya, Isla Mujeres and Cozumel - all wrapped into one!

 























Since I was deprived of nearly seven months of travel this year, I splurged this Thanksgiving and hopped on a flight to Cancun. Because people are still afraid to travel, all-inclusive resort prices were at an all-time low so this was my opportunity. 

Unlike last year, I stayed about an hour south of Cancun in Playa del Carmen, near Riviera Maya. With food and drink available 24/7, I didn't have a real excuse to leave the resort, but I did. Besides walking the beautiful beaches right outside of my hotel, I took day trips to the island of the women (Isla Mujeres) and Cozumel - both short boat trips from mainland. 

While I wasn't relaxing at the bar, I also managed to get some time in sea kayaking, snorkeling and using the hotel resort's Hobie Cat. 

It wasn't only fun and games, though. I spent a day exploring the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza, one of the seven new wonders of the world and dating back to 900 A.D.

The trip was certainly a great opportunity to clear my head and relax for a few weeks, while taking in the sun, enjoying my daily bloody mary's and working on my tan.

 

No comments: