The Rosario Islands are an archipelago of about 30 or so small islands located within a national park on the Colombian Caribbean coast, only about an hour by boat from the popular tourist city of Cartagena. Every weekend since I've been in Cartagena, I've made a point of visiting one or more.
The trip getting there is pretty fun - you can either hop on a fast speed boat with about 20 or 30 other passengers, skipping over the choppy water - or take a more relaxed boat that takes longer. The third option is to board a catamaran.
Each island has its own unique features and all feature their own private beach clubs. All include lunch and some also include all-you-can-drink packages as well. The beaches are private, which means there are no vendors selling trinkets or oysters, as they do in the crowded beaches of Cartagena.
I've taken a sampling of my favorite photos and posted them here.
PS: The first one is the view from my 24th story apartment in Cartagena.

No comments:
Post a Comment