Powered By Blogger

01 April 2021

San Andres Island and COVID

 















 

In February, I returned to my "happy place" - Isla San Andres, a remote Colombian island in the middle of the Caribbean Sea close to Nicaragua.  Not only does it have some of the best Duty Free bargains I've ever seen, but the main draw is the crystal clear water and amazing beaches.

The history of the island is pretty interesting as well. According to Wikipedia:

"The history of both San Andrés includes stories of pirates, their invasions and occupation of the islands. The first appearance of San Andrés on Spanish maps was in 1527. The Dutch are reported to have come to these islands at the end of the 16th century and English settlers arrived there in 1628. It is also mentioned that Columbus came across these islands during his fourth voyage of exploration."

A few weeks after my return to Cartagena, I tested positive for COVID (no connection to my trip to the islands) and have spent the last ten days in isolation. As a result of the virus, I had to cancel my trip to Punta Cana, where I am supposed to be as we speak on April 1. 

Next big trip - Cape Town, South Africa in May!

No comments: