Well yesterday the city of Mendoza went into sort of a lockdown. There are two competing strains of flu that have paralyzed the city - the swine flu and now one known as strain "A". Because of the intensity of both, the province passed legislation requiring that all boliches (discos), bars, and casinos remain closed for at least a week. After returning last night from a 13 hour excursion to the Andes mountains, I was dying for a bottle of wine so I asked around and one of the other people from my tour told me about one restaurant that was open for business. I ended up there and ran into a few others from our tour, who apparently also heard the news!
I do not have access to my laptop so I was not able to upload any photos from tonight or tomorrow I will post photos from the Andes and the ski resort, just a few miles from the Chilean border. For now, I will brave the government warnings and venture outside for a bit before heading to lunch with Belen.

No comments:
Post a Comment