After a fairly unsettling (pardon the pun) Thursday in Santiago, I headed to the Pacific coast. About two hours away from the capital city is charming Viña del Mar. During the summer months of December to February, the beaches here are packed with Chileans and foreigners alike and I can see why. The streets are extremely clean and safe, the parks and beaches are well kept and waves of the Pacific ocean beat those of the Atlantic any day. I had some delicious fried calamari in one of the ocean side restaurants before heading back to Santiago for what turned out to be a very calm last night, with no aftershocks reported!
Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
13 March 2010
A day in Viña del Mar
After a fairly unsettling (pardon the pun) Thursday in Santiago, I headed to the Pacific coast. About two hours away from the capital city is charming Viña del Mar. During the summer months of December to February, the beaches here are packed with Chileans and foreigners alike and I can see why. The streets are extremely clean and safe, the parks and beaches are well kept and waves of the Pacific ocean beat those of the Atlantic any day. I had some delicious fried calamari in one of the ocean side restaurants before heading back to Santiago for what turned out to be a very calm last night, with no aftershocks reported!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment