Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
25 November 2012
Connemara & Galway Bay
A three hour train trip west of Dublin takes you to Galway Bay and the beautiful gateway to Connemara. During my trip there this past week, our group stopped at the Connemara crossroads, where there is a replica of the cottage used in the 1950's movie, "The Quiet Man," starring John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.
Arriving in Connemara, we spent a few hours at Kylemore Abbey, an old 18th century castle that is now owned by a group of local nuns. Returning back to Galway, we passed the beautiful Aran islands while driving through the thousands of acres of bogs. While it was a long day (15 hours in total), it was well worth taking in the breathtaking landscape while on train and on foot. For more photos, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment