Powered By Blogger

25 November 2012

An Arklow Reunion!








When I was in my freshman year at university, I was the Vice President of  a local drum corps (marching band). We had just had the honor of marching in the St. Patrick's Day parade in New York City and were spotted on TV by the leader of another band in Arklow, Ireland, a small town about 1.5 hours south of Dublin. Well, a few months later, our band received an invitation to participate in Arklow's 4th of July festival. We spent months and months raising money and finally a group of us arrived in Ireland for what turrned out to be the trip of a lifetime.

This last week, I reunited with some of the girls (now women) to catch up and have some drinks. Arklow's a great little town and really hasn't changed much at all since I was there many years ago. The people are incredibly hospitable and would give their own jacket to a stranger if he needed it. It was incredible seeing how everyone has grown up over the last two decades!

No comments: