Powered By Blogger

22 November 2012

London and Bath, England













Earlier this week, I visited London and Bath, England. Of course, London's sights are easily recognized - Big Ben, the House of Parliament, the London Eye - but it was still nice to visit again even though it's been nearly seven years since I was there last. What still amazes me is how clean the city is. You don't see a bit of garbage on the streets. The downside is the cost. A one-way subway ride from my hotel to the bus station (just 5 stops) cost a whopping $7 US dollars!

Taking a reprieve from London, I snuck out for a day trip to Bath - an incredible historical site that was founded by the Romans in 60 AD because of the underground springs. The baths still remain, 2,000 years later and for just 50 cents, you can buy a cup of the water to drink that supposedly has medicinal value.

To see more pictures from this journey, click here.

No comments: