Powered By Blogger

10 June 2013

Parque Arvi Nature Reserve






At the top of one of the mountains at the eastern end of Medellin resides Arvi Park, a nature reserve that is primarily accessible by taking a series of cable cars there. Upon arriving, you can either rent bikes or walk to explore the park, which is made up of miles of paths. I chose to walk. After about an hour on foot, I reached a small lagoon and just further up the hill was a panoramic view of the entire city of Medellin. There was a police officer there and he was kind enough to let me take a photo with him and his horse, and even offered to let me ride it, but I politely declined.

The teleferico (cable car) to get there is worth the trip alone, as it passes over the various and quite poor neighborhoods, so you can see how many of the people here live.

Click here to see the rest of my photos from this excursion.


No comments: