The week before Christmas, my family and I embarked on a river cruise down the Rhine river, traveling from Switzerland, on to France and Germany, before ending in Holland. While most of the cruising itself was done at night, on the fourth day, the ship took us to Koblenz during the day, where we passed probably dozens of ancient castles. While in Koblenz, we toured Marksburg Castle and explored the traditional Christmas market, where hot spiced wine is liberally drunk over the course of the day. Click here to see more photos from this day's excursion.
Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
02 January 2017
Castle hopping in Germany
The week before Christmas, my family and I embarked on a river cruise down the Rhine river, traveling from Switzerland, on to France and Germany, before ending in Holland. While most of the cruising itself was done at night, on the fourth day, the ship took us to Koblenz during the day, where we passed probably dozens of ancient castles. While in Koblenz, we toured Marksburg Castle and explored the traditional Christmas market, where hot spiced wine is liberally drunk over the course of the day. Click here to see more photos from this day's excursion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment