Last month, I decided to fly to São Paulo first and foremost to watch (what I thought) Argentina compete in the quarter finals of the Copa America. The Copa hadn't actually started when I bought the ticket, but after looking at the grid, there was a good chance they would be the top ranked team in their bracket, meaning they would be playing in the Corinthians stadium in São Paulo.
I was wrong. Colombia ended up making it to the quarterfinals so I was able to attend the Colombia vs. Chile match. Unfortunately, Colombia lost but it was an amazing experience to be in a stadium with 50,000 people from around South America cheering their respective teams on.
While in São Paulo, I went to a traditional churrasco, which is a Brazilian steakhouse where they bring the meat to the table, with various waiters delivering different cuts, grilled to your specific requests. While the city is mostly the financial capital of Brazil, there were some sights to see and I spent a day on a city tour.
Click here to see more photos from my latest excursion, if you are friends of mine on Facebook.
Next excursion - Iguazu Falls!

No comments:
Post a Comment