Powered By Blogger

07 October 2019

Escaping to Colombia















In light of the unstable economic and political instability in Argentina (not to mention it was winter), I escaped to Colombia for a month this August/September. Starting with a short visit to Villa de Leiva (the largest public square in Latin America), I then flew to Cartagena for some time in the Caribbean, followed by a four day excursion to Medellin and Guatape, making a surprise visit to the USA for my niece's wedding, then back to Bogota for a week.

While in Colombia, I experienced the traditional foods (grilled fish with 'arroz con coco', as well as arepas and some amazing ceviche), as well as meeting up with old friends in Cartagena and Bogota.

I also witnessed firsthand the massive refugee problem of hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans flooding the cities of Colombia to escape the brutal dictatorship there. It was very sad to see doctors, lawyers and accountants from Venezuela selling beers on the streets to tourists, just in order to put food on the table.

If you're a Facebook friend, you can click here to see more photos from this month-long adventure.

Colombia: The only risk is wanting to stay (Colombia:  el Ășnico riesgo es que te quieras quedar allĂ­)

No comments: