Powered By Blogger

20 December 2019

Cañón del Atuel and Mendoza

















For the long Thanksgiving weekend, I returned to Mendoza to spend time with friends, as well as check out Atuel Canyon, an area of Mendoza I had not yet explored. Due to a screw up by my airline, my direct flight was cancelled, meaning I had to fly to Chile, then on to Mendoza (at least it gave me the opportunity to fly over the Andes mountains.

Atuel Canyon was formed millions of years ago by the force of erosion and is actually very similar to Grand Canyon in Arizona. After a short white water rafting excursion, the tour group headed up the treacherous road (with drops of hundreds of feet if you made a wrong turn) until we arrived at the top of the canyon, with breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.

The remained of my stay in Mendoza was spent (as usual) touring bodegas and tasting wine - Mendoza is wine country after all!

If you're a Facebook friend you can see more photos from my latest trip by clicking here.

No comments: