Powered By Blogger

18 June 2008

Ambassador to Argentina?

I was recently appointed the University of Connecticut's official Alumni Ambassador to Argentina. While I will admit there aren't many UCONN grads living here, I still decided to share this little bit of news with my friends and family. The response I received was heartwarming and overwhelming. Here is just one of many touching comments I received back from a friend from my former job in Connecticut, after he heard the news:

'Appointed?'.... I can just imagine how that happened:

Matt: "Hi, my name is Matt, and I'm living in Argentina.
Can I be your Alumni Ambassador here?"

20 year old co-ed: "Um, yeah, whatever ... "

Matt: "Great - is there any training or materials
you need to send me?"

20 year old co-ed: "Uhhh - no, but um - if something
comes up I'll forward it right to you - Alabama, right?"

Matt: "No, Argentina."

20 year old co-ed: "Whatever." Click.

No comments: