Since I moved here, I've been fortunate to try out more than 100 restaurants (some more than just once!) ranging from dinners that cost $4 US all the way up to $200 US tango dinner shows. But, by far, my favorite is La Cabrera. This is a traditional "parilla" that serves up some of the best cuts of beef I have ever had. In fact, I have gone there three times in the last three weeks. Here's a picture of me on my last visit, celebrating a friend's birthday.The portions are absolutely huge and, when I took my parents here two weeks ago, we made the mistake of ordering not only our own entrees (a no-no here, where guests eat family style and share one another's dishes), but also ordering appetizers. The best dish here, hands down, is the Pamploma de Lomo. This is an enormous cut of beef tenderloin that is stuffed with sundried tomatoes, ham and cheese - to die for! The first time I ordered it, I ended up taking 1/2 of it home and that turned into a separate lunch and dinner - three meals for t
he price of one!To top it off, every main course order is accompanied with an array of small, varied side dishes, ranging from couscous, mashed potato with mustard, tomatoes in sauce, calabaza (squash) puree, sweet pickled garlic, sundried tomatoes, guacamole, and so on, and on, and on…
Ok, typing this review has made me hungry. Bye for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment