Gourmet Porteño is the most chic tenedor libre (literally "free fork" or buffet) in Buenos Aires. It has five food different stations: a parilla (with the best cuts of beef, chicken and pork), pescado (with salmon, trout and mero (grouper)), sushi (with shrimp, tuna, salmon), homemade pasta cooked fresh and with at least 7 or 8 selections of sauce (salsa), a huge salad bar with peeled shrimp, calamari, mussels and other fresh seafood, as well as a separate pizza and empanada section. Best of all was a HUGE dessert table that extended at least 20 feet in length and had cakes, souffles, pies, dulce de leche, and 15 flavors of ice cream. All this for only 73 pesos (about twenty dollars).
Before deciding on Gourmet Porteno, I called several of the five-star hotels known for their good quality Sunday buffets: the Park Hyatt wanted 330 pesos (about $100) a person, the Alvear Palace was sold out (but their regular Sunday brunch runs about $75), and the Marriott Plaza wanted 140 pesos each (about $40). I think we made the right choice at just 73 pesos for a delicious and hearty Easter brunch.
The last picture is a candid of me getting into my car before driving home to take a siesta after an afternoon of engorging myself!

1 comment:
Hey, last year I went to Argentina and really enjoyed it. People there are so passionate about Tango and Soccer. It was amazing. I also stayed in an apartment in buenos aires which was great since it was near all the tourist attractions.
I had the best of times!
Ryan
Post a Comment