Powered By Blogger

25 October 2009

DOT Baires - Shopping the Buenos Aires Way





Back in May, Argentina's largest shopping mall opened. Named DOT Baires, its opening was celebrated by President Fernandez de Kirschner and many celebrities and politicians were in attendance. Since it's situated in a barrio bordering the province, and about an hour via colectivo from my apartment, I never thought about venturing out there until yesterday.

One of my friends from the US is about 6'6 and has had lots of trouble finding clothing here that fits him, so I told him the Wal Mart (only the 2nd in Argentina) located in the mall would definitely have his size and, suprisingly, it did! I didn't buy much but had a nice lunch there. The mall is ultra-modern and cost over $250 million US dollars to construct. It also has a beautiful terrace/garden with waterfalls and walking paths. Someone transported there from the US would have thought they were in an upscale Beverly Hills or New York City mall. It's definitely worth a trip if you are in town for more than a week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its a really cool mall, very illuminated and spacious. Its a long trip from by apartment but the trip is definitely worth it! They even have a facebook fan page where they constantly post the latest sales and new store opening! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hello, great post and nice pictures of the DOT. I really the new page of the shopping dot baires Shopping Dot Baires