Powered By Blogger

09 December 2009

Daddy Yankee en Vivo!




Tuesday night, I went to my first reggaeton concert ever - Daddy Yankee. He is credited for being the "inventor" of this genre of music and is most famous for his song, "Gasolina." I went with my friend Leandro and we got there about 1.5 hours before the concert began, when it was still sunny. There were some cover bands and the place was empty (much different than when I saw Madonna - people lined up 4 hours in advance). By 8:30, the stadium was about 75% full and Daddy Yankee came on stage.

I had the distinct pleasure of having a teenage girl standing behind me, slamming into me with her bookbag whenever she started dancing and screaming (at the top of her lungs in a pitch that I didn't think humans were capable of reproducing) "Te quiero, Daddy Yankee" every time he finished a song. Well about halfway into the concert, my left ear started to hurt. I obviously thought it was because of the thug behind me screaming into my eardrum, coupled with the loud bass coming from the stage.

By the end of the concert, the pain was unbearable and I caught the first taxi I could hail to the hospital. It turns out the concert had nothing to do with the pain. The doctor told me that one of my salivary glands was obstructed, causing the pressure and pain I was experiencing. She gave me a shot of heavy duty painkiller in my rear end, prescribed some antibiotics and pain medicine and sent me on my way. Today it's much better but still a bit painful. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

To see all the photos and a few videos taken from my camera, click here.

No comments: