Powered By Blogger

04 June 2018

Hong Kong from land, air and sea









These last few weeks were a whirlwind tour of Hong Kong and the Philippines (including the capital city of Manila, as well as the beaches of El Nido and Puerto Princesa on the island of Palawan, which I'll cover in future posts).

I've been to Hong Kong on many occasions but this was the first time I was privileged to visit the Centurion Lounge, a VIP lounge for certain credit card holders in the airport. This is a full-service lounge, featuring beautiful private showers, a relaxation room, and of course an incredible spread of food and drinks. Since I arrived at 5:30 am, I passed on the drinks but took advantage of some delicious congee and dim sum before heading out to explore the island.

I took the high speed express train into the city (just 24 minutes from the airport) and arrived on Hong Kong island, where I headed to the base of Victoria Peak, where I hopped on a tram that takes you to the top of the peak offering stunning views of the Hong Kong skyline from above, in just seven minutes. Upon returning, I took the world famous Star Ferry across the bay to spend the rest of my day in Kowloon, exploring the many upscale shops, hotels and restaurants.

To see more photos from my first stop in Hong Kong, click here.

No comments: