



Today I returned to La Rural to attend FEBAT 09 - Feria Buenos Aires Turismo (La Provincia). This is a yearly opportunity for cities in the province to "sell" themselves to tour agencies wh may not be aware of all the province has to offer. As a travel writer, i was given credentials into the fair for free and I was quite surprised how little I knew about what the province has to offer.From estancias (farmhouses where guests can participate in traditional activities) to kayaking, hiking and pristine beaches along the Atlantic shore in the south of the province, Buenos Aires has a lot more to offer than just the culture of the capital city. I left the fair with some great ideas for long weekend trips (it takes no more than 5 hours by bus to reach any point in the capital). Many of the exhibitors were offering special discounts for attendees on hotels, spas, campgrounds, etc. so I will make sure to take advantage of them when I get around to deciding on my next weekend trip!
After the fair, I walked through the back of La Rural, where the spring gardens they have there are finally to bloom now that the weather is getting much warmer.

No comments:
Post a Comment