Powered By Blogger

27 September 2009

Only in Buenos Aires...well maybe in Vegas too





This weekend, Buenos Aires played host to the Festival de cultura erotica (XEX), a two-day festival that pays tribute to the "models" of the adult movie industry. Since it was being sponsored by the City of Buenos Aires cultural commission, I figured it would be relatively tame and I turned out to be right. It was held in Palacio Alsina, which is a popular nightclub venue that just went under nearly a year's worth of remodeling. Unfortunately, my camera's flash wasn't working properly so any of the photos of the architecture didn't come out.

The festival started at 6 pm and ended at 11 pm and I went on the second night. There were about 20 exhibitors, a few local restaurants selling food, and about 10 bars set up around the venue (with a beer costing 25 pesos, so I abstained). Throughout the evening were a number of exhibits and shows, with performers coming as far as Europe to model. By the time I left at 11, the place was packed as, I later read, the best performances were at the end of the night. Oh well. There is always next year.

No comments: