Powered By Blogger

02 January 2010

Feliz Año Nuevo!




New Year's Eve, I went to a friends for dinner and - right at midnight (and after I took a bite of an apple) - the fireworks began. And they went on and on and on in every neighborhood throughout the night. Around 3:00 AM after already polishing off a few bottles of wine, we headed to a new boliche (club) that recently opened along the banks of the Rio de la Plata. At 6:30 AM, the sun started to rise and you could see Uruguay on the other side of the river.

I got home in time to get a few hours of sleep before heading to the Alvear Palace for New Year's Day brunch. The Alvear Palace is one of South America's most stately hotels and has hosted hundreds of celebrities and heads of state over the years. The restaurant offered a spectacular brunch consisting of both red and black caviar, oysters, shrimp, all types of beef, ravioli stuffed with rabbit, leg of lamb and a plethora of dessert selections. Best of all, there was unlimited wine and champagne!

Besides eating and drinking to my heart's desire (I think I wiped out their stash of caviar), it was definitely a great (and posh) way to welcome in 2010!

No comments: