Powered By Blogger

31 January 2010

Soy Yanqui Loco





When I left Buenos Aires last Tuesday, the temperature had reached 92 degrees F (about 33.5 C). Today, the temperature was 7 degrees F (-13 C) when my friend Billy asked me if I wanted to go ice skating with his wife, son and two other friends. I don't know what I was thinking, but I said yes. So, for the next half-hour, I managed to dig up thermal underwear, insulated gloves, a ski hat and a pair of 50+ year old ice skates that were rusty as could be, and headed to the pond where we had to first shovel the snow off the ice before we could skate. We built a fire to warm up to when our feet got cold, but for about two hours, I enjoyed myself in the arctic temperatures. Rosaly took a few photos while she kept the fire burning. Disfruta las fotos aca!

No comments: