Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
24 February 2012
La Candeleria in Bogota
La Candeleria is the "old city" part of Bogota, Colombia where most of the historic buildings, including the Presidential Palace and La Capilla del Sagrario. The streets are packed with tourists with a lot of police and military protection. To enter part of the zone, you must subject your bags to a search and police regularly stop and frisk the 'undesirables' hanging out in the zone.
The architecture is absolutely stunning and the people of Bogota are very proud of their city and country. For just 10,000 pesos (about $6.00) a tour guide gave a very informative and educational tour of the neighborhood and pointed out the best spots for photos.
One of the most fascinating spots was the Museo Botero, where countless and priceless paintings and sculptures are housed and heavily protected with state-of-the-art security.
Two times a week, the Presidential Guard performs a short musical performance in front of the Presidential Palace and, coincidentally, I was there during the show - made up of about 150-200 soldiers and musicians. Following the performance, the military band marched along the road, which was quite a sight to see.
To sell all of the photos from La Candeleria, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment