Starting at happy hour, thousands of Argentines and expats worked their way to Calle Reconquista, home to several Irish themed pubs, to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Buenos Aires. By the time I got there (around 11:00pm), you couldn't move because it was so packed. Bars were selling large cups of beer for 20 pesos (ordinarily they are around 6-10 pesos) and street vendors were selling cans of beer for 10 pesos (2-3 pesos in a store). So, being the cheap person I am, I only bought one can of beer from a vendor and finished 1/2 of another from some random girl who was leaving and didn't want to throw hers out. St. Patrick's Day here is definitely not as fun as it was when I celebrated in Dublin or NYC, but it was nice to have a cold beer outside with temperatures in the 70's at night.
Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
18 March 2009
Dia de San Patricio (St. Patrick's Day)
Starting at happy hour, thousands of Argentines and expats worked their way to Calle Reconquista, home to several Irish themed pubs, to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Buenos Aires. By the time I got there (around 11:00pm), you couldn't move because it was so packed. Bars were selling large cups of beer for 20 pesos (ordinarily they are around 6-10 pesos) and street vendors were selling cans of beer for 10 pesos (2-3 pesos in a store). So, being the cheap person I am, I only bought one can of beer from a vendor and finished 1/2 of another from some random girl who was leaving and didn't want to throw hers out. St. Patrick's Day here is definitely not as fun as it was when I celebrated in Dublin or NYC, but it was nice to have a cold beer outside with temperatures in the 70's at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment