I got a call last night from Colonia Express (the company that provides the boat from Argentina to Uruguay) telling me they are having technical issues with their boats and there will be no boats until April 16. Yet, we were supposed to leave this weekend. So, after an hour trying to get scheduled on an alternative boat, we ended up giving up and buying a round trip plane ticket to Montevideo, Uruguay. It's only a 25 minute flight. From there, we are renting a car and driving the 80 miles to Punta del Este. The hotel looks great. It's a block from the beach and is a boutique hotel fashioned after the famous painter, Joan Miro. I won't have internet there, so I'll update my blog with photos and commentary later next week.
Hi, I'm Matt and at any given time, I'm usually living in Buenos Aires, Lima, Peru or Bogota. After selling my house, my car and my furniture in Connecticut, USA, I moved here in the spring of 2007 and have created this blog to share some of my experiences in South America. I hope you enjoy!
28 March 2009
Punta del Este, Here I Come!
I got a call last night from Colonia Express (the company that provides the boat from Argentina to Uruguay) telling me they are having technical issues with their boats and there will be no boats until April 16. Yet, we were supposed to leave this weekend. So, after an hour trying to get scheduled on an alternative boat, we ended up giving up and buying a round trip plane ticket to Montevideo, Uruguay. It's only a 25 minute flight. From there, we are renting a car and driving the 80 miles to Punta del Este. The hotel looks great. It's a block from the beach and is a boutique hotel fashioned after the famous painter, Joan Miro. I won't have internet there, so I'll update my blog with photos and commentary later next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Matt,
I'm an American living here also in Recoleta. We brought in a nice Lincoln Town Car and are offering car services (web site coming soon)
My prices are reasonable, especially for a Town Car, and is ideal for 2 couples to split the cost.
And by the way, do you miss Pepe's in New Haven? We sure do.
My email is fourpoint64@yahoo.com if you'd like more information.
Fred
Post a Comment